This is the Access Statement for Porch Cottage Keswick.
Porch Cottage is a five star VisitBritain accredited self catering cottage which is over 300 years old.
We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call 017687 72436 or e-mail [email protected]
We look forward to welcoming you.
- Telephone, e-mail and web contact is available at all times.
- Bookings can be made by telephone, e-mail or post.
- The cottage is 500 metres from the town centre.
- The nearest bus stop is 150 metres from the entrance.
- The nearest train station is Penrith. Taxi and bus services are available.
3. Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is a parking immediately outside the cottage with a permitted one hour stay to easy access to load and unload.
- We provide free parking a 120 metres away at the Catholic Church car park.
4. Main Entrance & Reception
- There is a front entrance with one step down from the front door to the internal door.
- There is a rear entrance via the courtyard.
- Both entrances are on level paved areas.
- There is external lighting at the front and rear of the property.
- The reception room incorporates the lounge and dining areas with amply space to move freely around the furniture.
5. Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Guests are advised of all fire exits and procedures. Fire Risk assessment document in place. All fire alarms are mains operated and interconnected.
- The cottage has a level ground floor area with a step down to the kitchen
- A short flight of steps leads to the bathroom with a further two steps to the two bedrooms.
- All rooms are fully carpeted with the exception of the bathroom and kitchen.
- Telephone and a wi-fi internet connection are installed.
6. Dining Room and Lounge
- This area is open plan and is lit via wall, ceiling and table lamps.
- The dining table is rectangular with four chairs of standard height and no arm rests.
- There are two double sofas, both with arm rests.
- Television with teletext and a DVD are provided.
- Bedroom accessed by a short flight of stairs from the ground floor.
- Both rooms have six foot superking beds which can also be converted into single beds.
- All bedroom furniture is of standard height.
- Lighting is provided by ceiling and table lamps
- The bathroom is on the first floor and has a Kardeen waterproof flooring
- All furniture is on standard height.
- The Jacuzzi bath with shower above is set in a Balmoral granite surround.
- All taps are lever operated.
- The kitchen is accessed from the ground floor with one step down to ceramic tile flooring.
- Worktops are standard height.
- Undercounter units include washing machine with tumble dryer, electric Neff oven and dishwasher.
- There is a dual mixer tap with stainless steel sink at standard height.
10. Grounds and Garden
- The rear courtyard is accessed via the kitchen.
- There are multiple plant tubs/troughs, a water feature and patio table with chairs.
- At the front, there are two planted areas either side of the porch.
11. Useful Numbers
- Tourist information Centre: 017687 72645
- Local accessible taxis (Davis): 017687 72676
- Local bus company (Stagecoach): 0871 200 22 33
- Keswick Hospital: 017687 67000
- Keswick Motor Company (Hire of mobility scooters): 017687 72064
- Keswick Mountain Bikes: 017687 75202
12. Contact Information
Diane or Stephen at Stonegarth Guest House, 2 Eskin Street, Keswick CA12 4DH
Telephone 017687 72436 or email [email protected]